Position: Cost Accountant
Location: Saline, MI
Chain of Command: Controller > President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Objective of Position:
This position is responsible for managing company’s cost accounting system and providing cost analysis data to Management.
Absent undue hardship, reasonable accommodation will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Scope of Duties:
- Perform cost analysis for different types of business activity and monitor content of company’s cost accounting system.
- Propose and implement improvements to existing cost structure by applying best costing methodology.
- Maintain and develop labor and overhead rates.
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc reports regarding profitability of specific business activities, product groups and platforms to Management.
- Interface with commercial and operational departments on cost studies and forecast models and provide profitability and ROI calculations.
- Support corporate repair cost project charter.
- Assist Accounting with Percentage-of-Completion calculation of maintenance contracts.
Quality of Work:
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Handles multiple assignments and priorities while fulfilling all commitments. Handles a fair workload and meets deadlines. Accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
- Thinking and Problem Solving: Identifies and solves problems effectively and demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making.
- Cost Awareness: Strives to keep costs to a minimum. Demonstrates sound fiscal responsibility in all activities.
- Safety: Promotes an incident free environment.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Business
- Minimum of 2 years of recent cost accounting experience.
- Enhanced PC skills (MS Office), in particular Access and Excel (intermediate to advanced level)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed presentation skills, written and verbal
- Ability to analyze business/financial data
- Strong logical, mathematical, database and reporting skills
- High level of initiative and learning aptitude
- Work performed in a combination of shop and office environments.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
- May be required to work overtime
- Drug screen required
- Physical may be required
- Interface with and travel to affiliated companies up to 20% of time, staying overnight for up to 1 week each time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license.
Employees will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned by Management.
The company reserves the right to change this job description and, when deemed necessary, to delegate other tasks within the Liebherr Companies.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click on the link Apply to this job now